Saturday, August 10, 2019

My first Wonder

"First wonder goes deepest , wonder after that fits in the impression made by the first"
                                                                                                        - Mr. Yann Martel

When  I read this line first time I did a really interesting thing. I wondered about my first wonder and tried to figure out how much of this line is true for me. Figuring out our first wonder is not a easy job. Our life itself is based on wonder. When a baby is born probably the first thing it does is wonder , may be an infant cries because it wonders about the very new world around , the new people around. May be he/she would have not cry but look with his/her mouth wide open just like us when we wonder if he/she were aware of that very expression. Everything that comes in our way is a result of wonder.How is that possible to even know what is the "first wonder" which Mr. Yann Martel is referring to.

Then I suddenly thought of a particular thing I wonder a lot about. And that is Time. I wonder a lot about How time goes , How time sounds like a lot but it goes away in a blink of an eye. And that's the very reason I value living in the present so much. This started when I was very little.  My uncle was talking about some scientific experiment running in NASA for 10 years. I got shocked about the fact the the scientists are alive for 10 years more than the scientific experiment. I mean how is this even possible? I thought 10 years is so long that a human being must have been dead. For me 10 years were too long to be alive. Then my uncle told me "10 years is not that much of time kid , you are 10 years old only , how can 10 years be enough time for a human life?" That moment , that shocking moment, was beyond my ability to describe. I was probably wondering " That means I have already spent 10 years of my life , that's so bizarre. I have spent so much time alive and I don't even know how much time that is. It sounds so much but it is so little , so little that you wont even realize that its gone" And that I would like to call my first wonder that went deep. Actually I would dare to change the quote a little for me. To me it is "First wonder which goes deepest makes the wonder after that fits in the impression made by it".



No comments:

Post a Comment

My first Wonder

"First wonder goes deepest , wonder after that fits in the impression made by the first"                                   ...